Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Anticipation

One of the best parts of a trip is its anticipation. If I were my 6-year old, I would be jumping up and down in one place, unable to stop talking - and I'm so excited, this is what I feel like doing. But I'm not six. So, I'm anticipating, preparing, focusing, worrying (let's be honest), and energizing for this unique opportunity. I want to make it as rich an experience as I can, and I know my classmates will help me do that. Class 41 and CALF - Spasiba! Dyahkooyoo! Dziekuje! Dekuji!

But if we learn to think of it as anticipation, as learning, as growing, if we think of the time we spend waiting for the big things of life as an opportunity instead of a passing of time, what wonderful horizons open out! - Anna Neagle

Stephanie Tillman
NewFields Agricultural and Environmental Resources

2 comments:

  1. To: Stephanie-

    A hearty bon voyage from all of us at NewFields ... have a great trip! We'll be "following" you daily and sincerely hope that your international experience is exceptional in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph-

    We're going to miss you here in the 'hood, and we're looking forward to hearing all about your incredible experience. We'll make sure to follow closely on the blog!

    Cheers,
    Kathy, Jim and Calloway

    ReplyDelete